Cucumber lemon water is a perfect detox drink that won’t only quench your thirst but also helps your body flush out toxins.
Juicing is becoming more popular as one way of losing weight. You can use either fruits or vegetables, but make sure to know how it will benefit your health.
A cup of juice has more vitamins and minerals as compared to whole fruits or vegetables. This means that the combination of lemon and cucumber makes a nutrient-packed drink that contributes to a balanced, healthful diet (1).
Drinking cocktails can make you feel bloated. Instead of drinking cocktails, you should try cucumber lemon water. It’s not only refreshing but also healthy. This beverage will boost your immunity and detox your system, thus makes you feel better.
The good thing about this drink is that it is cheap and easy to make. You can find the ingredients at the local market and make this hydrating beverage on your own.
What is Cucumber Lemon Water?
Cucumber lemon water is a perfect thirst quencher that you can sip the whole day. Lemon and cucumber are perfect combination as they provide multitude health benefits. The cucumber and lemon isn’t only refreshing, but also add flavors to the water.
Unlike many flavored drinks, this beverage is very healthy as it does not contain calories and additives. If you do juicing to lose weight, then you should control your caloric intake.
It will keep you hydrated and energized even during sweaty workout session.
How to Make Cucumber Lemon Water (cucumber lemon water recipe)
It’s very easy to make the cucumber lemon water drink. All you need is the following:
- ½ organic cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ organic lemon
- 2 liters of water
Make sure to use organic cucumber and lemon to ensure that they don’t contain pesticides that will contaminate the water.
Add the cucumber slices into the water along with the lemon juice. Leave it in the refrigerator overnight. You can refill the water in the pitcher and keep it again in the fridge.
Aside from preparing fresh cucumber lemon water drink, some people prefer to make an infusion to make the most of the vitamins and minerals. In making an infusion, the cucumber slices and lemon halves are added to boiling water.
You can prepare cucumber lemon water in large quantities and put it inside the fridge. Drink it anytime of the day and it can help to suffice the amount of water needed by your body. Drinking this water combination is much better than taking supplements.
Benefits of Cucumber Lemon Water
To understand more why you need to drink cucumber lemon water, it makes sense to know the amazing benefits of cucumbers and lemon.
- Rehydrates your body – Cucumber is rich in B vitamins and contains 95% of water (2). Its skin has good amount of vitamin C that’s why it works well to keep your body hydrates and at the same time eliminate toxins.
- Fight cancer – It contains lignans that help to reduce the risks of developing different types of cancer including breast, prostate, uterine and ovarian cancer (3).
- Hair and skin care – The sulfur and silicon present in cucumbers stimulates hair growth. The skin of the cucumber can be used to treat sunburns and skin irritations. Likewise, you can put a slice of cucumber over puffy eyes.
- Relieves bad breath – It is also rich in phytochemicals that’s why it has the ability to relieve bad breath.
- Cures diabetes and regulates blood pressure – Drinking cucumber lemon water can cure illnesses like diabetes. The sterol content of cucumber can reduce the levels of cholesterol and the magnesium, potassium and fiber content can regulate the blood pressure effectively.
- Promotes joint health – Another benefit of cucumber is its ability to relieve arthritis and gout pain. It is rich in silica that strengthens the connective tissues and promotes joint health.
- Helps in weight loss – Cucumber contains more water and low in calorie. One 300 gram cucumber contains only 45 calories (4). That’s why it is beneficial for weight loss. The fiber content eliminates the toxins from the digestive system. It’s an effective remedy for chronic constipation.
Benefits of lemon
- Cure digestive problems – Lemon water can cure digestive problems including constipation and indigestion. It also acts as a cleansing agent and blood purifier.
- Dental care – If cucumber can treat bad breath, lemon juice can also cure dental issues such as toothache, gum bleeding and other gum diseases.
- Skin and hair care – Just like cucumber, lemon juice is also useful for skin and hair care. It has antiseptic property that can rid dandruff, eczema and acne.
- Stops internal bleeding – The lemon has coagulant and antiseptic properties that can cease internal bleeding.
- Relieves respiratory disorders – The lemon juice can relieve respiratory issues such as asthma attacks. As it is rich in vitamin C, it has the ability to treat long-term respiratory problems.
- Fights throat infections – Lemon has antibacterial properties that can fight throat infections.
- Controls high blood pressure – The potassium present in lemon juice can control hypertension, nausea and dizziness.
Combining the health benefits of both the cucumber and lemon, we can say that the cucumber lemon water can do great job to your health.
It can be a magic potion if you want to have fresh, radiant and young-looking skin. Both the cucumber and lemon has fiber content and has the ability to curb hunger pangs or suppress appetite. This healthy drink can keep your weight down as it eliminates excess water; thus makes you feel less bloated.
People who can’t tolerate the sourness of lemon water can add cucumber in the beverage. It will enhance the taste and add extra zest to the flavor. This beverage is ideal for those who have poor immune system. Drinking cucumber lemon regularly spares you from developing cough and colds.
Indeed, the best thing about drinking cucumber lemon water is that you can obtain long-term health benefits. You can enjoy the healthy nutrients and great taste it provides to your body while keeping your weight in control.