Garcinia Cambogia and Forskolin are the well-known main ingredient of weight loss supplements. The two are weight loss supplements that were extracted from plants. There are studies claiming that both of these supplements have been doing great benefits to weight loss.
|Origin||Southeast Asia, coastal Karnataka/Kerala, India, and west and central Africa.||India, Thailand, Burma, Brazil and parts of Africa.|
|Ingredients||Potassium, Chromium, Calcium, and HCA||Amino Acids|
|Uses||Weight loss supplements, healing poor digestion, reducing menstruation cramps, and lessening ulcers.||Weight loss supplements, Asthma, other lung issues and heart problem.|
|Chemicals / Fillers||Natural and Chemical-free||Natural and Chemical-free|
|Side Effects||Could cause nausea, gastrointestinal discomfort, and headaches.||Minor side effects such as lowered blood pressure, headaches, tremors, coughing, and a heightened heart rate.|
|Dosage||2500 to 3000mg/per day||250mg/per day|
To know more how these two supplements will benefit you, read on this post.
What is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia Cambogia grows abundantly in Asia, Southern Africa, and Australia. The main component of this plant is hydroxycitric acid that prevents citrate lyase responsible for storing fat in your body. Likewise, the HCA content of garcinia suppresses appetite, thus prevents food cravings.
This plant became controversial when it was promoted by Dr. Oz. The HCA present in garcinia cambogia is extracted from the rind of the fruit.
Health claims of garcinia cambogia
Advocates or users of Garcinia Cambogia say that the HCA content works well in improving the metabolism, making you feel full, and reducing appetite. Those are the reasons why many people who want to lose weight have been patronizing this weight loss supplement.
- The chemical compound present in HCA slow down the ability of the body to convert the excess carbohydrates and protein into fat. This normally happens when foods and liquids are metabolized.
- Retarding the production of fat, the HCA encourages the body to utilize the sugars or glycogen from drinks and foods as energy.
- There is some evidence that garcinia cambogia speeds up fat metabolism. If the metabolism increases, it would be easier to burn calories, thus lose weight with less effort.
- The HCA also suppresses appetite that reduces the urge to eat more calories. It also manages the production of cortisol, a stress hormone that burns the belly fat effectively.
- Garcinia cambogia raises the level of serotonin that results to better sleep and mood.
Is Garcinia Cambogia effective?
Does garcinia cambogia really work? Many studies revealed that the hydroxycitric acid in garcinia cambogia cut back appetite and at the same time improves the fat-burning process.
However, the actual results pertaining to weight loss are not impressive. In fact, the Journal of Obesity had published a review showing that the result of losing weight while taking the supplement is very minimal.
On the other hand, a study was also conducted and published in Drug.com that taking the supplement alone won’t yield the best results. It should be taken while following a 1,200 calorie per day.
Taking two tablets of garcinia cambogia three times daily after meals may result to 85% reduction of fat in the body composition.
What is Forskolin?
Forskolin is a weight loss supplement extracted from the roots of the plant Coleus forskohli. The coleus is a close relative of lavender and mint, and it has been used for various medicinal purposes in India during the ancient times.
It has been used in treating painful urination, heart ailments, and asthma. It is also used as natural remedy for the hangover, headache, digestive, and liver problems in South America. But, in Asia the roots of coleus are commonly used in preparing many dishes.
Health benefits of forskolin
There are several reasons why many people use forskolin supplements. But, there’s little substantial evidence that supports its use to treat any health condition. Here are some of the health benefits of forskolin:
- Some research revealed that forskolin helps not only in losing weight but also in building muscle. It also assists to burn more body fat and increase the testosterone levels.
- Forskolin has been long used as a natural remedy for asthma and such claim is supported by some research. The cyclic AMP, a compound present in forskolin relaxes the muscles of the bronchial tubes, thus makes breathing easier.
- It can also be used to relieve the pressure of the eyes to prevent glaucoma. Taking forskolin through IV can help to improve the heart functions as supported by a study.
Both the garcinia cambogia and forskolin offers the same benefit of helping people to lose weight without much effort. But, it’s important to consult first a doctor before starting to take the supplement. Just like any other weight loss supplements, these two supplements also show adverse effects. Therefore, make sure to be extra careful in taking these supplements.